The UFC is back in Rio de Janeiro tonight with a Brazilian-heavy card; here’s how to watch “UFC 224: Nunes vs. Pennington.”
UFC 224 takes place at Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro. The preliminary card kicks off on UFC Fight Pass, the UFC’s digital streaming network, at 6:15 p.m. ET (3:15 p.m. PT) before the event shifts to FX at 8 p.m. ET for more prelims and pay-per-view for the main card at 10 p.m. ET.
You may also be able to stream part of the event on the FOX Sports GO app. For ways to watch outside the U.S., check out this UFC.com list.
In the main event, massive favorite and women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes (15-4 MMA, 8-1 UFC) looks for her third title defense when she meets challenger Raquel Pennington (9-5 MMA, 6-2 UFC). In the co-headliner, Ronaldo Souza (25-5 MMA, 8-2 UFC) meets Kelvin Gastelum (14-3 MMA, 9-3 UFC) in a clash of middleweight contenders.
One bout likely to draw some eyeballs is a main-card matchup between Mackenzie Dern (6-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Amanda Cooper (3-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC). Originally scheduled for strawweight, the fight is now a 123-pound catchweight affair after Dern badly missed weight for the fight.
You can see the tense Dern and Cooper weigh-in face-off above.
The full UFC 224 fight card is available below. You can also join us for on-site live round-by-round UFC 224 coverage on the MMAjunkie homepage.
UFC 224 main card (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington – for women’s bantamweight title
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Amanda Cooper vs. Mackenzie Dern
- Brian Kelleher vs. John Lineker
- Vitor Belfort vs. Lyoto Machida
UFC 224 preliminary card (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Cezar Ferreira vs. Karl Roberson
- Junior Albini vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Nick Hein vs. Davi Ramos
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Sean Strickland
UFC 224 preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Sultan Aliev vs. Warlley Alves
- Jack Hermansson vs. Thales Leites
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Alberto Mina
- James Bochnovic vs. Markus Perez
For more on UFC 224, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.